Find peace, calm, and freedom from panic.
Do you struggle with depression, anxiety, and constant rumination?
Does it seem like no matter how much work you do in therapy or on yourself, you still can’t find freedom from your feelings of anxiousness?
Reiki energy healing can help. I know because it helped me.
WHAT IS REIKI?
In a nutshell, Reiki is a gentle, hands-on energy healing method that brings balance to the mind and body. It is deeply relaxing, and being in a state of parasympathetic relaxation allows the body to heal. Reiki can also help to release stuck emotions that become trapped in the body over time. You don’t have to talk about your painful emotions or memories, which can often make you feel re-triggered. You just lie down, relax, and enjoy the session.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A REIKI SESSION?
While every Reiki experience is different, and there is no way to predict exactly how you’ll feel in a session, here are some general guidelines about what to expect.
A treatment is about an hour in length. You lie on a massage table fully clothed, there is usually soft, ambient music playing. There is absolutely nothing for you to do except relax. I may guide you through a visualization or meditation, or you might choose to do this on your own.
I typically start the treatment at the head, and I apply a very light touch, or work a few inches off the body. When I position my hands on (or slightly above) different areas of your body, the Reiki energy flows.
Over the course of your treatment, you may:
- Be deeply relaxed (you might even fall asleep, and this is OK!)
- Feel tingling, heat, or pulsation
- Experience a sense of weightlessness, lightness, or floating
- Twitch, shake slightly, or move involuntarily (this happens to me every time with Reiki, and it just means that energy is flowing — it is not unpleasant at all)
- Notice memories coming to the surface (if they are painful, you can tell me, “I am having a painful memory,” and I will guide you through it and help you release the emotion without you having to discuss the memory)
- Feel the urge to cry (if this happens, do not hold back your tears, and cry until it is complete — usually, this only lasts a couple of minutes in a session, and it is deeply healing … I will guide you through it, and you will not be the first person to have cried in a session!)
- Experience a feeling of bliss, full-body “buzzing,” or total calm and peace
- Feeling physically or emotionally lighter
- Reduced pain and reduced physical symptoms of all kinds
- Emotional balance and a sense of calm
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety or depression
- Being less reactive and more “in the moment”
- Feeling more connected to others
- Having an easier time with forgiveness
- Troublesome memories and past traumas bother you much less
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RECEIVE REIKI?
The effects of Reiki are cumulative, and how often you receive Reiki is up to you. If you are in an intense stage of healing, weekly or twice-weekly Reiki can be extremely helpful. In “maintenance mode,” some people aim for monthly treatments, or they just schedule an appointment as needed.
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE A SESSION WITH YOU?
I offer in-person Reiki sessions in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Appointments are available on weekday evenings and weekends. To schedule your session, simply email email@example.com.
DO YOU OFFER REIKI AND NUTRITIONAL THERAPY TOGETHER?
Yes! Using a combination of nutritional therapy and Reiki is how I healed my own depression and anxiety, and I believe this is an incredibly powerful healing protocol. If you are local to the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, I offer combination packages that include mental health nutrition and Reiki energy healing. Please contact me for details.
To your health and happiness,
Holly Higgins, NTP
Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Reiki Master Practitioner
To schedule your session, email firstname.lastname@example.org